For this particular design we wanted to create an environmnet which suggests a solution for a hypothetical and highly possible solution that may occur in the fututre.
This situation is desertification.

With the challenge of using Crysis as the meduim to express the proposed design. The Key elements that were vital in the creating a real time ennvironment. Was the environmental impression, the accurately fabricated design, along with the sense of lighting, environment and interactivity.

We wanted to achieve a sense of the environment, a journey that is associated with the theme of desertification. This situation is highly possible in the future and there should be sanctuaries and place to live like this. in terms of the interior spaces, it was fabricated in such way to to display a colour scheme and some sort of difference in terms of the interior environment as opposed to the outside.

View down the well area.

Ramp corridor.

Mid section of the well.

Stephen once told us that the scale of the model is terribly out of scale. In comparison to the images provided by the architect, the front door’s size is relatively tiny when place with the external walls. With this initial wall span being over-scaled, the internal space is massive. For a house suited for two to four, this is too much spacing. Would that not be a good thing? Well, of course, but we are really trying to match the architects’ design. When trying to solve this issue, we tried to search deeper into the information provided in the eVolo website but there were none, so we just used our own scales from standards and “what’s appropriate” or “looks right”. Wilson was in-charge of the modelling. He made sure that the measurement stayed true to our analysis of 2.6m floors of 15x15 (previously 30x30). The scaling made it very possible to ‘decorate’ the internals appropriately.

The terrain stayed ultimately the same. An older map was revisited, revitalized, redesigned, reformed, and really sexy (in my opinion that is). I (Jack) gave it a little touch-up, bringing back the lake (because I initially thought it would omit the effect of the well. I also placed more trees and green along the ground. We were asked to give the space a point of entry or “how does one get there?” Our solution? A road.

External night views.

Wirada was in-charge of the furniture and interior design. For this, she researched certain contemporary designs and began applying it to the model. We, as a team, saw that there were some unexplainable texturings. For example, a stone wall like ours with wallpapers did not make sense, nor did we approve of such dark colouring. So she went ahead and revisited those rooms and redesigned it. We approved of its current design as it suits the environment and gives off a nice, warm feel or aura, if you must. In comparison to the old, this new design feels cosy and the space feels sufficiently used.

Top bedroom.

Master bedroom.

In our final and complete fabrication, we wanted to make sure our viewers or clients can see exactly what the architects’ image shows. We had pretty much discarded our old model because the windows were shocking (or maybe not) dissimilar to what the architects provided. Namely the pool image:

Private pool room.

Pool area.

Here you can clearly see our attempt to recreate this visual. I believe we have done a good job on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment